Pages

Thursday 19 June 2008

New Yahoo Mail....Who Cares!!


Yahoo announced today that they are offering two new domain names, ymail and rocketmail. Currently they have 266 million users, followed by Microsoft at 264 million, and Gmail at ~100 million, but Gmail is growing at a faster rate. I didn't know until I read the Tech Observer blog that rocketmail was the first free email, I guess its kind of cool that they are reviving it. Anyways, I find Gmail much more user friendly and advanced compared to yahoo mail (which doesn't allow forwarding of emails to addresses outside of hotmail or live) and hotmail. I really don't think that this move will make much difference to yahoo's current state, there is just no attraction to them nowadays, maybe its the name or logo or the power of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger