Pages

Sunday 1 February 2009

Google Docs:2009

I spend a lot of time using Google Docs, it meets all of my needs plus I love having access to my files from anywhere, it is truly fantastic. Recently, I discovered that I can view documents and spreadsheets on my newest toy, the LG Dare. So, I've been wondering , what does Google Docs have in store for 2009. Next, I decided to do a Google News Search, and came across a recent interview by the folks at VentureBeat with the Product Manager of Google Docs, Jonathan Rochelle, here are the highlights:
  1. Expect an increased integration amongst Google Docs and Apps.
  2. The Docs team seem unphased by Microsoft's and Apple's plans for online collaboration tools.
  3. Google Docs will add features to satisfy most users. The app will get bigger, but not so big that it becomes confusing to use (unlike Office 2007).
  4. Google Docs will continue to be free.
  5. It will probably be a beta product for most of 2009
To see the full article, click here. 2009 looks like its going to be exciting for Docs users.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger