Pages

Thursday 9 April 2009

Using Twitter Has Increased My Google Adsense Revenue

I have been using Twitter (http://twitter.com/SHuelin) for about 1 month now, and I absolutely love it. It is a superb method for obtaining up to date news, real time search, and following the lives of people with similar interests (as opposed to facebook, I'll blog about this sometime during the weekend). During my first week of using Twitter, I added Twitterfeed, which allows blog updates to be sent to your Twitter Update. Note that this was extremely easy to setup. Since the addition of this, my blog traffic has increased by 35%, and Google Adsense revenue by 52%, fantastic!! The reasons why I think this has happened are:
  1. The twitterfeed link is simply more exposure for my blog which will lead to an increase in traffic.
  2. Most of my twitter followers love technology, so when they see a technology related post, they will be likely to click that link. This also explains the traffic increase.
  3. Similar to reason #2, Twitter users in general seem tech savvy. So when they visit the public timeline, they may see my post and click on it.
  4. Now for the revenue increase. Maybe tech savvy viewers are more likely to click on ads than the average web surfer. This could be due to an understanding of how advertising works for bloggers/site owners.
These are just a few of the reasons, there are probably many more. But, the main point of this is that if you want to increase your blog traffic and AdSense revenue, definitely sign up to Twitter and Twitterfeed. Show me the money!!

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger