Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Quotes From Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer....Why Isn't He Fired Yet?

Here are some quotes from Microsoft's CEO, Steve Ballmer, that I pulled from from an excellent article on TechCrunch:

“The last time I checked you don’t need two client operating systems. We tried it before. Windows 95 and Windows NT. It’s good to have one. So I can’t — I don’t really know what’s up at Google.” (July, 2009)

“There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance,” (June, 2007)

“I think these things [social networks] are going to have some legs, and yet there’s a faddishness, a faddish nature about anything that basically appeals to younger people,” (October, 2007)

Google’s not a real company. It’s a house of cards,” (March, 2004)

The one regarding social networks is my favorite. It really shows that he's not clued in; the web itself is becoming a social network, people depend on social networks, and they have changed the way that we socialize!! Now I'm sure that he has done some wonderful things for Microsoft, but he should definitely get out of his Microsoft shell and see what the rest of the world is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger